In 1905, Frank J Miller of Dodge, Nebraska, married Mary Chleboun, and with the help of her father, John Chlebourn, began Miller's Store in Clarkson. Miller's Store, located on main street in Clarkson, handled furniture and also did undertaking for the community. Clarkson Plumbing and Heating now use the building as a warehouse. In 1909, the business was moved to the building then occupied by Stockmans Tavern and retained this location until 1929 at which time a building was purchased at 226 Pine Street. The funeral home operated out of this building until 1952.
In 1932, Frank Miller, Jr. entered the business with his father. After the death of Frank Miller, Sr. in 1949, the Frank and Mary Miller residence (323 Maple Street) became the funeral home in 1952 and became known as Miller Funeral Home. Frank Miller III, joined the funeral home business with his father in 1961. That same year, the Novotny Funeral Home in Clarkson was purchased by the Miller's. Frank Miller, Jr. died in 1990.
In 1962, an addition was made to the current funeral home with a 20' x 36' addition to the north side of the home. On October 1, 1999, Frank sold the business to Dan and Jeff Wisnieski of Schuyler, Nebraska. In 2013, Gary Sharman and Brad Ramaekers purchased the business from Jeff Wisnieski. Miller Funeral Home continues to serve the people of Clarkson and the surrounding area.